Sun city


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » North West
July 11th 2010
Published: August 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday
We packed our stuff into the car for the last time, detouring via Suncity on our way back to Joburg. For the second time the Sat Nav lead us up the garden path this time to the back gate of Sun City not accessible to the general public! We eventually found the front gates and a park and set to exploring Sun City. Designed by entrepreneur Sol Kerzer it’s a disturbing cross between wet’n’wild and crown casino jungle style. Glitzy and tacky originally designed for rich white South Africans to splash out. We wandered through the Lost City to the Valley of Waves by but it was way too cold to swim in the wave pool or water slides so we waited the earth quake simulation on the bridge… an experience not to be missed! Dry ice fumes from the rows of life size elephants to go with the sound effects and shaking ground! We wandered through the Gary Player golf course to the Sun City Hotel and Casino spotting a few Ghana footballers along the way. We decided to cash in out Sunbucks for some Nando’s for lunch and head to the casino for a round of blackjack! Leaving a couple hundred rand up! Would be a great day trip in summer or if you had more money that you didn't know what to do with.
We hit the road back to Joburg to dropped our hire car off at the airport and cheekily ordered an airport pickup back to Shoestrings Lodge ahead of our our early flight to Cape Town the following morning!

* Looking back on the pics or lack of I think we'd both had enough photo


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb