Kruger and Graskop


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga
October 14th 2016
Published: October 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Finally at long last saw 8 lions!! First thing in the morning it was not very promising as our vehicle just missed seeing a leopard, which was seen by the other members of our group in their vehicle. We did manage to see a number of hyenas which I was also waiting to see, including a small family group. It wasn't helped because it was cold, cloudy and raining! However, the sun did come out late morning and we saw loads of vehicles down one road. We had been told that a male and female lion had been sighted. We did get to see them it they were very far away and we needed binoculars to see them clearly. After that we saw lions for the next hour at different places including watching one slowly kill a warthog that it must have just caught before we arrived.

I've found that the safari experience yesterday mainly consisted of getting cold and spending ages looking into bushes!

In late afternoon we left Kruger and travelled the short distance to the lodge where we were to stay the night at a small town of Graskop. It was very misty and cold when we arrived.

We had our last evening meal together as a group in an excellent Portuguese and Mozambique restaurant.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb