Kruger national park


Advertisement
Published: October 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Another fairly early start leaving our camp site.It rained in the night which is a fairly rare occurrence these days. We stopped at a factory that makes glass ornaments from recycled glass and compared to Tuesday it was warmer near the glass furnace than outside!

It didn't take long to leave Swaziland and enter South Africa.The road was being repaired and one of the men looking after the stop and go sign jumped up in the air when he let us through!!

We stopped at a 'super spar' which is the biggest spar 've ever been to, to get stuff for lunch. I was surprised to see very familiar items for sale such as golden syrup. I always enjoy looking around foreign supermarkets.

After lunch we then entered the Kruger national park desperate to see cats! We saw rhinos, elephants with their young, rare antelopes and a hippo but not cats. The park is suffering after 18 months of drought but light rain is falling this evening. Where we are staying is very basic and my room reminds me of my university hall of residence!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb