South Africa 2013


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga
December 28th 2012
Published: February 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lou and Di are off on another adventure, to South Africa and Zambia this time. It's to mark the 40th birthday of one of us, (and a VERY VERY belated one of the other.)

Well, preparations are almost complete, bar last minute adjustments, like what can we leave out of the suitcase in order to meet weight regulations. Excitement is gradually mounting.

We expect to arrive in Johannesburg bright eyed and bushy tailed(?)after an 11 hour overnight flight , courtesy of Mr Branson. We have 1 day/night to relax and soak up some SUN (it's snowing here as I write!!!) at an airport hotel, before air transfer on Tuesday to Livingstone in Zambia, where we hope to be amazed and wowed by Victoria Falls and the mighy Zambesi River. Hopefully we will then be able to add some stunning scenic shots, and tell you how it compares with Niagara Falls.(2006) Our hotel is within a short walking distance of the falls.We have plastic rain ponchos at the ready to protect us from the spray, and then look forward to the Sundowner cruise on the river(more photo oppportunities). Mastering kwacha, the local Zambian currency, will be a challenge in the short time we will be there.

More soon.

Advertisement



5th February 2013

holiday
Have a great holiday ,Di and loise .Enjoy your adventure and take care Love Ivyxx
7th February 2013

Dream Team
We are so pleased to be copied in to your travels and sincerely hope that you don't spare us any photographs. Have a great shared adventure and be safe. More please Love Sheila and Gordon

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb