The Panorama Route


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga
September 24th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Panorama Route has got many stops along the way, all which are very interesting and fascinating. It is very amazing to see what we have in South Africa. I have been very lucky as I have had the opportunity to travel along the Panorama Route many times.



The Panorama Route begins in a small town called Graskop and your first stop along the route is “Gods Window”. There is a gap in the escarpment so you have got spectacular views of the Lowveld, The Kruger National Park, the Blyde River Canyon and the mountains, but try to go on a clear day to make the most out of the view.



The next stop along the route is the “Berlin Waterfall”. On the way to the waterfall make sure you watch out for the three magnificent look out points namely, the Pinnacle, Three Rondavels and Wonder View. The Berlin Waterfall is an 80m waterfall, which plunges down into a rock pool. The atmosphere and scenery is absolutely beautiful.



The Blyde River Canyon is next. It is the third largest canyon in the world and the biggest green canyon. The scenery is breath taking so your camera must not be forgotten to capture all the moments.



Millions of years ago, water erosion has caused interesting geological potholes, resembling large, hollowed out columns. This is your next stop and it is called “Bourke’s Luck Potholes”. While you are there, don’t forget to throw some money in and make a wish.



The “Sudwala Caves” are you next stop. They are about 2000million years old and are fascinating. Dolomite extends into the rock for an unknown distance. The Caves are a very popular home to a large number of bats. You can also take a visit to the dinosaur park next door to the Caves.



Your last stop is “Pilgrims Rest”. This is a living museum of the early gold rush days, and most of the town’s original architecture still remains unchanged. Spend your day walking the street and enjoying the things on offer.



The Panorama Route is full of natural beauties and if you are planning a trip soon, it is a place that you should consider.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb