Media response


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Siyabuswa
June 24th 2013
Published: June 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Dear Team and parents

I hope you have found Jocey Tysall's message introducing herself.

Today the Newbury Weekly News contacted me as they may be publishing the report I sent recently. They would like some quotes from the children as to how they feel about going. I shall ask for these tomorrow. This may lead to a follow-up on our return.

Encouraged by this, I have emailed BBC Radio Berkshire to tell them about the fund-raising and the trip. Perhaps they will invite us for interview, as has happened before.

The best news of all today is that the Beatrice Laing Trust, which made a donation last year towards the EYC, has been so impressed by your fund-raising efforts that they have agreed to match the sum raised, up to £10,000! This should mean that we can tell the Grace to go ahead and start building Phase Two. Well done, everyone--what a difference you have made already! Dr. Hendrick sent me the latest photos of the EYC showing the playground and fencing this evening--now I can hardly wait to see it all myself. It's hard to imagine that just a few years ago these children were being taught in a metal shack with old tyres as the only playground equipment!

Advertisement



25th June 2013

Brilliant news about the Beatrice Laing Trust matching any money we raise!
What fantastic news that the Beatrice Laing Trust have agreed to match any money that we have all raised! Let's hope Archie can raise a healthy amount from his 250 mile bike ride!

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb