Jocey Tysall joins us


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Siyabuswa
June 23rd 2013
Published: June 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello Team and parents! A few updates for you...

The postponement of Sports Day sadly prevented you from meeting Mrs Tysall, but she came to St. Andrew's anyway and met Dr. Livingstone. I have invited her to introduce herself to you via this site but you will probably not meet her personally now until we gather at Heathrow on June 23rd. She says she will be bringing with her a lot of beads she has been given--bracelet making is likely to be one of the after-school classes we run and we may be able to sell some of them on our return.

The team shirt is due to be designed on Wednesday. I hope to take a few team members along and combine it with some shopping in an educational resource centre in Reading. The hope is that the shirts will be ready to distribute to you at our evening briefing on Monday 1st July.

The other (main) shopping trip is next Saturday morning, leaving from school at 10.15. Do let me know if you would like to come, so I have an idea of numbers. We aim to return by lunchtime, around 1.00 p.m. probably.

Support for the Charity Cricket match next Sunday at 2.00 p.m. would be welcome, and don't forget your coins on Penny Mile Day! If you have any money raised by a sponsored event or job which you have not yet handed in, please could you do so this week? That will give us money to spend on the shopping as the rest is being sent out for the EYC.

I hope you've had all your jabs now. Don't forget the malarone (or equivalent) if you haven't go that yet. You will need a 12-day supply.

I have written to the Newbury Weekly News but without reply so far. We are going to pursue one or two other media options in the next week or two. We also need a slideshow made at school before term ends--any volunteers?

Only four weeks to go now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb