What happened to Wednesday!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Sabi Sands
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was filled with excellent food and great company again.

Animalwise we were within spitting distance of a huge 50 year old male elephant, with one tusk. He was amazing just ripping throught the trees and crunching the branches like they were made of candy. Got some great photos again, I hope.

The other great find of the day were a group of zebras. I always think they are so elegant.

In the evening we saw a male lion trying to seduce a female. He was being very attentive, tried licking her and purring at her. Nothing seemed to be working. He farted next to her and that didn't work either! We drove away to watch another male and could then hear the original pair mating. So maybe that farting thing worked after all.

We were heading back to the lodge when I could smell burning. Greg played dumb and said he didn't know what it was, but it was a bush dinner for all the guests at Safari Lodge and Rock Lodge together. Organising chilled champagne, and a full bar, with lights in the trees, a three course dinner isn't easy I'm sure, but like everything here they do it so well. They provided a toilet for us. Mmmm.... I have to say I held on till we got 'home'. It had a sink, and towels and lovely toiletries etc but no bloody door! We were entered by some traditional dancers and some guests joined in around the huge camp fire. On the way back to the Lodge Callum was allowed the trackers seat. He did well to stay on board AND do the searchlight. He spotted a hare and a ranger in the car park!!!

Another great day at Ulusaba!!

Advertisement



22nd October 2010

wedding!
where is the description of the wedding? I need all the romance described please... am v jelous so far!! xx

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb