Onto Nelspruit


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Nelspruit
January 2nd 2008
Published: February 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

MozambiqueMozambiqueMozambique

Street Sellers
Having finished all the celebrations it was time for some of us to go back to work (ugh) or move on to other areas for the rest of our holiday (that's better) and Andy and I with Kerry and Dave moved onto Nelspruit where the wedding was going to be to finalise matters.

We had booked accommodation over the internet and I won't tell you what it was called as I am going to be quite scathing about it. We were booked into a 2 bedroomed chalet, and it wasn't particularly cheap, but it was disgustingly old fashioned, worn out, drab, dark and awful. We stayed the first night and tried to make the best of it. The next day I went and complained and they moved us to two single bedroom chalets instead. These were a bit better, but only just. Going out the next morning we saw two members of staff fighting on the ground! The following night there was a big argument going on in one of the caravans where staff were staying, with lots of shouting and swearing. Eventually we found somewhere else to stay and just told them we were leaving as we really could not have overseas guests staying there, they didn't argue and I got the impression the receptionist hears this all the time.

All the wedding preparations were going well so we managed a visit to the casino, Andy won a nice amount and I managed to drag him away before he lost it again.

We also took a day trip into Mozambique. At the border they disappeared with our passports for quite a while to process a visa which was slightly worrying, we were looking to see if they were selling them out the back and were very relieved when they reappeared. We drove through Maputo the capital and it was incredibly poor and run down. We did not see any of what we would consider decent houses, the roads were terrible as well. We were looking for a beach place but never found it and ended up turning round and going home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb