KRUGER DAY 3


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to drive Hercules, our little car, on our own game drive. Yesterday we didn’t see any cats. Everyone we spoke to had seen the lions, cheetahs, leopards etc. But not us. By 7.30 a.m. we were on the road. In safari times that is quite late as generally people are on the road by 6. We had some superb sightings of elephants, hippos and a whole array of strange and beautiful birds. Eight hours later we returned to camp not having seen one cat. Still we had our night drive to look forward to.
In all our time in SA the weather has been excellent. It has been sunny during the day but quite cold at night. Today had been a bit overcast and tonight as we left to meet up for the night drive it began to rain. This really has been a month for surprises as when we boarded the drive bus we were greeted by a young French couple whom we had met many moons ago at Knysna Elephant Sanctuary. They had been out animal spotting for almost 12 hours today and had seen all the cats apart from the leopard. The rain poured down. Driving around in an open sided vehicle leaves you exposed to the elements. We were getting wet. We drove around for 3 and half hours. The guide had advised us that he doubted we would see anything in the poor conditions and he was right. The young French couple gave up, pulled the issue blankets over their head and fell asleep. Roger and I just sat and got soaked. I was close to hysterics as I watched the rain dripping off Rogers nose. Oh yes we did see a cat, a wild cat, no bigger than a kitten. Oh well always tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb