R & R Afrique du Sud: Kruger Safari


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Pretoriuskop Camp



We had originally planned to fly from JB to Kruger (the flight is pretty cheap) but we finally opted for car hire. Airport waits as well as the flight would have ended up being nearly as long as the drive and we had the additional freedom of the car around Kruger.

Another advantage of the 4hr 30 min drive from Jo B to Numbi gate was the stop off at Milly's restaurant en route.

We took advantage of the break to have a fruity smoothie overlooking the SA countryside and the lake next to Milly's.

One feature of road travel in SA apparently is the high number of accidents. Considering some of the overtaking techniques this doesn't come as too much of a surprise. Another feature is that they drive on the left as in the UK which didn't prove to be a problem for JP.

After the formalities at Numbi gate we drove a few km to Pretoriuskop camp where we relaxed in our bungalow with a glass of wine to watch the impalas which were grazing in the camp. I'm not not sure how they manage to get into the camp as the entrance gate has electrified cattle grids to stop animals passing. JP witnessed the monkey's method of entry: a running jump over the electric-wire topped fence.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Kudu  Kudu
Kudu

Spiral horn
Warthog familyWarthog family
Warthog family

Loves wallowing!


Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb