3 Incredible days in Kruger NP


Advertisement
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So Kruger NP is everything you think it is... bushlands, dried up rivers in the African Winter, an abundance of wildlife, tourists, ( but you don't see them, since the Park is bigger than the Netherlands, and they put a daily limit on the number of cars allowed into the Park) and did i say an abundance of wildlife... just spectacular to see herd after herd of Elephant , journeys of Giraffe gracefully towering over the bushlands, lazily grazing , hippos cooling of in the few rivers that have not totally dried up in the winter months, lions, whose roars are an amzing sound before you fall aslepp at night, the majestic Rhinos who way about 4 tons, and who nevertheless can be so super fast, that you don't want to be chased by one of them.... ( we were tracking a black Rhino with our two armed rangers on our early morning walk, but never saw him... probably a good thing... did see a few from the safety of the car though, so that was good enough for me)
And aside from the Big Five ( elephant, lion, buffalo, rhino and leopard0 (never saw a leopard 😞 to add
Giraffe- Giraffe- Giraffe-

long, lenky and so graceful!
to the collection) but one does not want to get gready right 😊, there are about 900 species of birds to see, and all sort of other little and big animals that you see everywhere... 1000's of Impala, Kudus, Bushbuck, bushbabies, monkeys, wardhogs, rabbits.... and many more... wildlife viewing pure, and since i was so lucky to stay at a bushcamp inside the Park with friends, we got to enjoy an amazing night sky while listening to the roar of the lions, the splashing of the Elephants in the mudpool and enjoying our braai dinner ( braai= bbq). Pretty darn amazing, i have to say!

well, now i will enjoy Nelspruit and area for a couple of days before it's onwards to Pretoria and Jo-burg.

cheers everyone

SL


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

HipposHippos
Hippos

Ah, life is rough, bathing and sunning all day
Rhinos- crossing the road at sunsetRhinos- crossing the road at sunset
Rhinos- crossing the road at sunset

and you will stop your car... they have the right of way


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb