First time happy campers!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Messina
July 21st 2012
Published: May 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I've always loved roughing it in the bush but the Father person in our house is not very keen on getting dirty. His type of holiday is the hotel/chalet/cruise ship type. With great effort we managed to convince him to try it at least once.



We managed to get a good tent and what we thought we will need for basic camping and off we went...



We decided on Mapungubwe National Park. This park is way north in the Limpopo province of South Africa with the Botswana/Zimbabwe/South Africa border about 10 meters from the road we traveled to the bushcamp.



What an incredible site! There was about 10 sites with literally just basic ablution facilities available. I loved it. And he loved it. And the boys loved it.



We had peace and quiet for a whole week. Did I mention we went camping on our first camp for a whole 7 days and with a tent! It was amazing.



We encountered a myriad of animals from lion, elephant, bushbuck, impala, giraffe and warthogs right in and around the campsite. We love to drive ourselves around National Parks and viewed animals all around the park.



Will we go again? O yes!



Is there other facilities to view this precious jewel? Yes. Everything from luxury bush camps to chalets.



Loads of fun and great resting time.



Bye for now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb