Walk with the Wild -12th August


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
August 16th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Up to date at last!!

This was a nice early morning start leaving camp at 5.45am!! So off we set in the combi for about half an hour and then we arrived at a fancy lodge. Walk with the wild is when you get to walk through the bush with a lion cub. So we arrived and waited for the other people to arrive, we helped ourselves to tea and coffee while we were waiting. While waiting we went over to meet the cheeta who was hand rendered but is allowed to roam free, she was eating some meat next to the pool, you can't touch her when she is eating. She sometimes comes on the walk with you as well but she didn't today.

Anyway once everyone had arrived off we set with the ranger and 2 other people with the cub. The cub is still at the playful stage so you can't touch her, but you can sit near her and she walks with you. While on the walk we also saw Rhino 3 of them and we got a little bit too close. We also looked at prints along the way. As we carried on walking the Rhinos had followed us!!! So when we stopped close to the end of the walk we stood aside and waiting for the Rhino to go past and then we watched them go into the dam.

After the walk it was time for a lovely breakfast, cereal and fruit, fruit juice, tea and coffee. Then the toast and muffins came out and they asked how you would like you eggs done and bacon. Completely stuffed!!Then we went off to look in the little gift shop, I brought a braclet made out of elephant hair!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



24th August 2008

Logic is Jealous of the Cheetha
Hi Nicky, Logic has just seen th photo's of the Cheetha and is now sulking. Good to see you having a great time. Bye Dad

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb