Gold Reef City , "The City of Gold"


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Pretoria
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

on 01 January 2011

My famliy and I decided to leave early in the morning like we always do reminding ourselves about a memorable day of exploring and enjoying the leisure trip. Leaving Soweto early we travel north to Johannesburg. which took us about 30-40 minutes to get there. GRC.......

Johannesburg’s Apartheid Museum, the first of its kind, illustrates the rise and fall of apartheid. An architectural consortium, comprising several leading architectural firms, conceptualised the design of the building on a seven-hectare stand. The museum is a superb example of design, space and landscape offering the international community a unique South African experience.Apon arrival we could hear people screaming their lungs out and knew we've come to the right place where the fun games have begun. As we entered the main gates, right into the first entrance we played games which cost us money but luckly my younger sister (Thato) won a big teddy bear lodded with sweets.During the excursion we explored the theme park which is breath-taking travelling on foot, while posing and capturing pictures of the wildeset range, features and attractions. the first most scariest, most adrenalin game we came across and took a ride on was the "TOWER OF TERROR" a thrilling ride were I literally cried tears of terror, not in a million years will I ever ride on the game ever! we toured underground mine to see how gold pour is demonstated and discovered a brief history about how mine workers lived here in the early 1900's . After the short informative tour. The four adrenalin junkies( My older sister) Regina,( Me) Sosi, (Cousin) Boitshepo and (Younger sister) Thato, decide to split and leave the elders with the children while the kids engage in the kiddies play area. The four of us felt it was time to rock and roll in the big games because no visit to the entertaining games is compelete without exploring the irressitable widereness around Gold Reef City. The excursion to gold reef city was both exciting as well as informative. GOLD REEF CITY REALLY OUTSTANDING!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb