From Pretoria 2 Hartebeespoort Dam


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Pretoria
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

05/07/2010

In the early hours of the morning as a family, we drove to hartebeespoort dam. Apon arrival at the popular destination we grabed our camping chairs for fun and relaxation. even though the weather was not nice, we still relaxed on our chairs to view the gorgeous typography i.e. scenery and landscape.

The dam was built in 1923 for supplying irrigation water to farmlands that still today grow fruits, flowers, tobacco, wheat and lucerne. The water gets channeled through long canals that are all networked together. The town of Hartbeespoort sits close by the dam wall and small towns are dotted along the dam’s banks.

Hartebeespoort dam was the one place i wished to visit because it was just a few km away where I lived. The day we went i had the most amazing feeling and excitement. i told myself i would make this day the most explorable and memorable day of all my excursions. we were attracted at the destination by the tranquality and the whole vibe of socio-cultural attraction. a place where one can find various resturants to choose from with different types and ways of food consumption that can significantly enhance a visitors experience of the destination. we purchased a few items from the unique african arts and handicrafts.We saw a live show of band musicians and dancers performing an african traditional ritual. the last place we entered was the private zoo where one gets close and personal with the animals. I would love to acummelate experiences with my friends the next time I come to Hartebeespoort Dam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb