Arrival in Jo'burg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
December 22nd 2005
Published: January 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This blog is to record our Christmas holiday in South Africa for family and friends (mainly Andrew and Lara who will not be able to see our photos any other way as they are on their own travels in Asia and whose own blog is providing us with hours of amusement).

We set off from Heathrow on 21st December and, once we were trapped on the plane with no way of contacting the outside world, we were told that we would be detouring to Milan to refuel (legacy of the Buncefield oil terminal fire). This additional stop added 1.5 hrs to our journey, but we had no way of warning Sarah that we would late arriving. It also meant that we didn't get any food until almost midnight!

Sarah and Tom were patiently waiting at Jo'burg to meet us and once we had picked up the hire car (much consternation as it had been booked in the name of Stevenson???) we set off for the new house. It was very hot and sunny, so first priority was to catch a few rays by their pool. In the evening we went out for a meal to belatedly celebrate Pam's birthday.
Face paintingFace paintingFace painting

Sarah having a quick nap
Sarah and Pam got their faces painted and we had a great time listening to a really good jazz band.

The next day we set off on the 6 hour drive to the Kruger National Park - Orpen Gate... see the next blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Cultural experienceCultural experience
Cultural experience

Very good jazz band in Moyo's restaurant


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb