Happy 4th of July!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
July 9th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our Hotel in JoBergOur Hotel in JoBergOur Hotel in JoBerg

Brief stay but very welcomed

Happy 4th of July!


July 4, 2008; Part I

Happy 4th of July! We hope you all are having fun without us and watching the fireworks for us. We are now in Jo-berg awaiting our flight to the Safari but wanted to update you on yesterday’s adventure.

We awoke very early to get packed up and ready before our 9am helicopter tour of Zambia and the falls. We were sure to get the best seats on this 5 person helicopter. Sean sat in front with the pilot and I sat right behind (window seat). The take off was quite fun and even though Sean thought I would be scared, I actually enjoyed it a lot. The helicopter went right over the falls letting us see the mile long ridge in one glance. We also toured over the river where we saw hippos swimming and elephants drinking. Amazing!!

After our tour we went straight to the airport to catch our flight back to Jo-berg. Upon arrival, Ilios, the travel company that stood us up was there waiting for us. A representative greeted us warmly with a gift of very nice wine and chocolate for our misfortune with their company. We were also reimbursed for the transfer we paid to the wine tour company that drove us to the airport. It was a fantastic gesture and definitely made up for our bad experience with them.

After meeting with Ilios we headed straight for the hotel where we stayed in all night, went to the gym, ordered room service and watched movies. It was nice to relax before our Safari adventure and great to connect to the Internet at high speed! .


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb