Day 2 - J'Burg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
September 17th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're Here!!!!!!!!!! After an 11 hour flight (40 minutes delayed of course), we touched down at Johannesburg airport woo!!! To be honest the flight was awesome, we had TV screens in the back of the seat in front of us, free drinks, and a free blanket, which is of course the most mportant thing. I watched the Pursuit of Happyness (again), slept for about 8 hours, had a (quite minging) breakfast, watched Shrek the Third and it was over! Through passport control, picked up our backpacks, wrestled with the pacsafe and then fell over trying to actually get the packs on our back. Realised we didnt have the phone number for our hostel so found tourist information, one of the 'helpful' people walked in front of us even though we could clearly see where we were going, and asked for a tip!! how rude. So got picked up by the lovely man who runs the Shoestrings Lodge and got showed around. I will put photos up asap. Its a brilliant first place to stay, its very homely, the guy who owns it lives here with his family too so we got worn out playing with his daughter yesterday afternoon, she has so much energy!! So pretty much just chilled yesterday with a bottle of archers which we'd finished by 7pm : s and had a BBQ in the garden on which we cooked....German Sausages!!!!!!
The people staying here at the moment are lovely, there is an American girl who is leaving tonight, two english guys who arrived the day before us, and a guy who has been in SA for ages and used to be a tour guide up at Kruger!! As well as the family of course.
Slept in this morning (obviously), put some washing on, then this afternoon we are booked onto a tour of J'Burg so we can learn a little history etc. Planning on doing a three night four day tour of Kruger National Park on Thursday, so hopefully see lots of wildlife, as well as going to the chimpanzee centre (included in the price). So i shall be writing all details of that on Monday probably, as obviously there wont be any internet in the middle of the bush!

Missing everyone already, but will be in touch soon mwah xxxxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb