Stuck in Jo'burg - Pole Pole Days


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
December 10th 2006
Published: December 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Leaving Kenya


Leaving Kenya - Eventually


Had a car booked to get out to the airport the 2.5 hours Kenya Airways stated was an absolute imperative, only to find that they were taking a much more relaxed attitude to opening the check-in counters. Nonetheless, had plenty of time before the scheduled 0735 departure to browse most of the duty free.

Pole pole


Managed to find a couple of Kili related articles - tee-shirt emblazoned with 'pole pole' and a baseball style cap, as well as some other things for people back home. Not the greatest duty free, but at the time I thought that I would be in Singapore right now. But I'm not. Its been a rather pole pole day. The aircraft went u/s as soon as it was pushed back, and we were off-loaded while it was repaired. Our departure was delayed until nearly 1200, so any chance of making the connection to the Singapore Airlines flights from Jo'burg were completely gone.

Have been put up in a hotel tonight. Kenya staff believe they have arranged for me to fly out tomorrow, but I will get to the airport early (again) in any case because I can sense a disaster looming.















(pole is the Swahili word for slowly)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb