Details, and the Theater


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
October 30th 2006
Published: November 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This morning I took care of some business before going to the hospital. I went to Biwater to conclude negotiations for the position of Project Engineer. Iraj gave me the number of a consultant to help with the work permit, so I will meet with him tomorrow. I also went to the National Bahá’í Centre to make phone calls and check on some things, and to give people an update on Bob. The NSA was meeting this weekend, so everyone knows he is in the hospital; they said prayers for him. We will move our things back to the Centre tomorrow until we find a place to live or determine some other course of action.

Today Bob went to the theater. Rather, he went to the operating room (“the theater”) to have the ultrasound therapy, requiring donning theater apparel (one-size-fits-all paper bloomers and a white hospital gown with the traditional opening down the back) and no food or drink for six hours prior. I offered to draw a black bow-tie on his gown so he would be properly dressed for the theater, but he declined. He was in for a couple of hours, and it was late, so we didn’t see the doctor, and I don’t know how things went. He was very groggy and in pain from the catheter when he came back to the ward. He will spend tonight at the hospital again.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb