On top of Table Mountain


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape
August 23rd 2019
Published: August 24th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Friday morning, August 23rd, the sun is shining, let’s go up Table Mountain!
First, we went food shopping for Shabbat. Goldie’s Deli has lots of yummy options making sure we’d be full and satisfied all Shabbat.
Then we headed for Table Mountain. The debate was whether to climb or take the cable car. It was 2 in the car, 6 climbing. Until we got there, and then the decision was we’ll all take the car. I for one, was quite happy with that decision once I was in the cable car looking down on the poor people hugging up the mountain.
The view was gorgeous, the neighboring mountains, the blue Atlantic, and the different sections of Capetown.
The Strauss family leaped on the rocks edging the mountain, searched for insects and lizards, and took fun filled photos, as one does.
We returned to the hotel and got ready for Shabbat. Noam, Yehoshua and Adam went to the closest shul, recognizable due to the Police patrolling around it. I enjoyed the sunset from my terrace, reading my book ;actually Sorelle’s, The Gilded Hour) finally having some down time. Dinner was Japanese style on a low table in the living room of our suite.
Shabbat, Aug 24th: most of us slept in besides the few who went to shul (but even that was like sleeping in since it started at 8:45). Lunch was fun, each one saying what their highlight has been so far. The two main winners; rafting and seeing the lions, though for Emunah it was the elephants. Honestly, the whole trip has been one big highlight. Although tomorrow...tomorrow we are going to see penguins! Come rain or shine! That may be THE highlight for me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Eco bathrooms. No waterEco bathrooms. No water
Eco bathrooms. No water

There’s a terrible lack of water in Cape town. This is one way to try to deal with it.
Living on the edgeLiving on the edge
Living on the edge

זה ממש מסוכן, Said a women passing by me, watching my boys climb onto the rocks. So many Israelis on the mountain top!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb