Happy New Year!!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Storms River
January 13th 2008
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, hope you all had a very good new year!! Here we celebrated the new year twice, once in South African time and once in British time. I think some of the locals thought we were crazy when we started shouting happy new year at 2am! But it was great fun and lots of them even joined in with the English new year!
After spending new years in Bloem, we then travelled down to the wild coast to Coffee Bay, joined by Frans’ best mate Gerhard (Who is crazy and not right in the head!). This place was really nice but really was quite wild and secluded, had a great atmosphere. Coffee bay is one of the great places for surfing, unless your name is Francois! While he was surfing he managed to fall off the board and have it hit him in the back of the head. He then had to have 6 stitches and stay out of the water for a week. Hehe, sucked for him! So stuck on dry land we decided to do the big hike to Hole in the wall. We weren't sure if we would make it back in time before it got dark, so we ended up getting a lift there in the back of some English persons van, then hiked back! This hike was really tough as we had to hike up really steep and very high hills/mountains!! But we had some extra company as 7 of the wild dogs from the near by village decided to follow us all the way back! This was quite nice as we lost the path a couple of times but the dogs knew where they were going so they showed us the way back to the path!
After staying at the Coffee Shack we moved on to the Sugar Shack in East London. This place was great, right on the beach front and next to a bar that plays live music. This place had a great atmosphere, really friendly people and some awesome activities too! We went to an animal park where we were able to play with lion cubs. They were sooooooo cute!! They were really playful and i ended up with a couple of scratches and a chewed shoe, but it was totally worth it! We also went sand boarding (bit like snowboarding, but down sand dunes), and i loved it! It really was so much fun, even though i totally wiped out a couple of times and ended up a little bruised, but that didnt stop me!
We then moved on to Jeffreys Bay where we took a few days to chill out and get over our surf and sand board injuries! Jeffreys bay is all about the beach and the shopping (there are lots of surf brand factory shops with cheap stuff!), so i loved this place too! First day there we went on a little shopping spree and got some great bargins! And we spend most of the rest of the time on the beach or by the bar, nice and relaxing! One night at the backpackers they had a comody night with a crazy guy called Sister Mary James. He was really funny but it got a little embarrassing when i was called up on stage at the end of the show to sing a duet with him! We sang (or howled im my case) that Summer Nights song from Grease........ It wasnt good!
Escaping the embarrassment of that place we travelled to Storms River which is where we are now. We went to go and do the BIG bungy today but it was really misty and you couldnt even see the bridge some of the time. So we decided to wait it out and hope the weather is better tomorrow. So instead we did a tree top canopy tour which was great fun! Its a bunch of zip slides through the tops of trees in a big forest. The scenary was gorgeous and the zip slides were good fun, there was one girl who was really scared, which made it even more fun for us.... Hehe! So we returned to the back packers to find that Sister Mary James is performing here tonight......... Oh no!! I just hope I dont get picked on too much tonight!
Well thats it for now, ill chat soon (as long as we survive the bungy tomorrow!)

Lotsa love, miss you all! 😊 x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb