Last 2 Days in South Africa


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port St Johns
January 27th 2010
Published: January 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Its been almost a month since I returned to India, spent this time just relaxing, meeting friends, partying and planning the next trip. Will leave on 7th Feb on a train trip to South India, Andaman Islands and North East India. Looking forward to be out on the road again. Meanwhile, here is the update of the last 2 days I spent in South Africa.

Will start updating the blog again about the India trip once am on the road.

=======================================================

After Coffee Bay, we decided to stay close to Port St Johns and go exploring in and around Umganzi River. We took a boatride on the Umganzi River, keeping an eye on the kids was a task (the boat was easy to fall out from 😊, but it was a fun ride. At one point, Rusty had to tie Shaurya with a rope to keep him in check (and Shaurya was loving it 😊

We then went to Silaka Nature Reserve, which has a pretty secluded beach. Kids as usual loved the water while I explored around a bit. Later in the afternoon, we went to the top of Mt Thessiger which has an airstrip on the top and devoid of the mist, gave some stunning views of the Umganzi River.

And knowing that the next day we will be spending almost the whole day driving, we went to the Umganzi River mouth and spent some nice time there, its always serene t watch the river meet the sea.

Next day was the drive back to Jo'berg, but we made a detour to Magwa Falls (with lot of help from a local guy in finding the place and later on with help from the village kids). Its a beautiful place, despite that the fact that it wasnt rainy season, the waterfall had decent amount of water.

We drove back almost 10 hours on the trot from Magwa Falls, the final few shots being that of the sunset before entering Jo'berg. I think they were some of the best pics I got in this trip, almost didnt appear to be pics, but more like paintings.

Next day was an early morning drop to airport, some shopping at duty free shop before boarding the flight back home to Mumbai.

These 54 days in South Africa and Kenya have been awesome, am looking forward to the next trip after a break


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



27th January 2010

Sunset snaps r truly awesome
Sunset snaps r truly awesome.... taken while speeding at over 160 kmph???
28th January 2010

Yes
Average speed throughout the return journey (especially on highway) was 150kmph. Thankfully we evaded the speeding cameras :)
24th April 2010

great sunset pics
Hey Pijush, great sunset pics...must have been a wonderful experience just being there experiencing the hues....

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb