Port St Johns, Dec 23 2009


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port St Johns
January 8th 2010
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wish you all a happy new year, I am updating the blog after returning to Mumbai (and naturally a few days of lazing around and meeting friends, worked for a day or so, but have gotten out of that habit swiftly 😊. These updates are about my last trip in South Africa, to Wild Coast.

Wild Coast, which is in the Eastern Cape of South Africa is described as "the most naturally beautiful" part of South Africa.

This is an area seldom ventured into by travellers, but those who venture find a mouth watering treat of nature's beauty.

I came to Wild Coast along with Rusty, Shelly, Shaurya along with their neighbors (Balram Bhaiya, Madhu Bhabhi and their two kids, Muskaan and Animesh) who have gone onto become friends.

We drove down from Joeberg in two cars, a distance of nearly 850 kms, through Kwazulu Natal. We covered the distance in nearly 12 hours that included couple of hours of rest time. The drive, especially through Natal is breathtaking, especially the lush green mountains.

Port St Johns, one of the key towns in the Wild Coast, is where we are staying, when we got to the cottage, we were treated to the majestic Mount Thesiger, right in front of our cottage.

We called it an early night, after a long day's drive, but not before we got a glimpse of the views we were to be exposed to in the Wild Coast.

This place is very different than any of the big cities in South Africa or even Garden Route, its dominated by the Xhosa community, highly underdeveloped, but scenic.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb