Port Eilzabeth


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port Elizabeth
February 14th 2009
Published: March 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We get in to PE at 7am on the Sunday morning, we seem to keep waking people at this time on Sundays... sorry anyone afflicted...

After a well deserved sleep we have our first braii in SA, BBQ on wood embers just so you know. Magic have been waiting for that.

At last we get a few days of peace where we have nothing to do and we recharge the batteries. Well deserved and ready to go.

We hit Addo Game Reserve today for my birthday (pics to follow, sorry). Then Maeve takes me out for the best steak money can buy at a ridiculas price. I was going to post the receipt but thought it bad.
Follow up with a few drinks with some PE friends, as per usual...

Another braii on Thursday, what can i say... pure bliss, a few friends around loads of meat and beer and great chat.

One more night in PE and we are off the the wild coast and the Transkei. And a good last night too... as if we were never coming back...


Thanks to everyone in PE who are always so good when I'm there.
Buffalo in the distanceBuffalo in the distanceBuffalo in the distance

pics never do it justice, as usual
Lots of love.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

ElephantsElephants
Elephants

they told us that elephants only sleep for 6 hours a day or something and they eat the rest
lion cubslion cubs
lion cubs

maeve tentitively petting one


15th June 2009

What fun
Lion cubs!!! How cute :) and I'd love a shot of that braii thing, sounds yum.
20th June 2009

I have been meaning to make one for the last 3 years!! they are soo good. If you give me a swift kick I'll make one when I get home ;)

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb