Nelson Mandela


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Mthatha
December 4th 2013
Published: December 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Quote IQuote IQuote I

Thanks again Google.

It always seems impossible until it's done.



If I were to chose someone who I think would make a perfect modern day philosopher, I mean- I'd have to chose Nelson Mandela. For those of you who are not familiar with him, he was once the president of South Africa and did many many things that have literally changed South Africa ever since then. He was actually arrested for 27 years because he wanted to sabotage and overthrow the South African communist party. Mandela became part of making the multiracial elections in 1994 after the fall of the South African Communist Party. Nelson Mandela also played a role between other nations, playing as a mediator between Libya and the United Kingdom. Nelson Mandela never wavered in his devotion to democracy, equality and learning. Despite terrible provocation, he never answered racism with racism. His life has been an inspiration to all who are oppressed and deprived, to all who are opposed to oppression and deprivation. As you can see, he had a lot of good quotes- and the Deepest Fear that we had to memorize? It seems like he said that at one point! I thought that was pretty cool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Quote IIQuote II
Quote II

Thanks Google.


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb