South Africa Eastern Cape Day 1


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » East London
July 19th 2013
Published: July 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So here we are again in Africa for the fourth year on the trot. This time we are visiting South Africa’s Eastern Cape and Midlands and this could become a regular trip as the plan is to bring a school party out here in 2015, but more of that in the days to come.

22 hours travelling door to door, two flights with two different airlines, and I must say compared to last time British Airways was OK, although we did pay for an upgrade on the flights rather than suffer basic economy seats again.

Tonight we are in East London, South Africa on coast of the Indian Ocean. We are only here for this afternoon and one night before we head out tomorrow.

We have had a quick look around the town including visits to the shops to buy supplies for our journey tomorrow. A walk on the beach and a visit to the aquarium to see the seals reluctantly performing and the gannets and penguins being fed filled out the afternoon. We have just popped back to the hotel for a quick change and caffeine boost in a desperate attempt to stay awake before we head out for dinner.

Tomorrow we move on to Mthatha via Nelson Mandela’s birthplace and Qunu where he was brought up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 79; dbt: 0.2501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb