Sugarshack


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » East London
April 19th 2003
Published: April 19th 2003
Edit Blog Post

From Strormsriver we booked a bus to East London. We had to catch the bus at the shell station at 3 in the morning. It turned out that the shall station was pretty happening at the time - especially when a minivan - which are the minibus taxis over here and the cheapest form of transport - stopped and the entire contents jumped out and danced so some local beats for a while before jumping back in a driving off. A good way to stretch the legs on a long journey I think. This was practically the first time we had seen black people in South Africa having fun, although a few nights before we had heard some beautiful singing coming from a town near to Stormsriver. I think the town where to quote a local of Stormsriver "the black people live".
We stopped for one night in East London which had a beautiful beach. On the beach we saw a lot of surfers and also a lot of people from a nearby township chilling on the beach. Very helpful locals here enabled us to get to a bank just seconds before the long Easter weekend started which was very cool since we were heading up to a backpackers called "Away with the Faeries" the next day for the long weekend.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb