East London, Wild Coast and Inkwamkwezi


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » East London
December 20th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days in South Africa were spent in East London with family.
We had a great time with Kate and Mike, Ruth and Brian and all the kids and was great for Alice to meet all her relatives. We had a big Christmas lunch of roast Buck and a swim in the pool.
Unfortunately Alice was sick for four days with a bug, but we still managed to juggle our days around all the vomiting.

After a few days with the family we drove up to Kei Mouth where we spent a night in Kate and Mike's neighbour's shack. Kei mouth is a small shack town on the Wild Coast which is very remote and out of the way. There are little African villages along the side of the road with mud huts and small farms and cows. To get there we had to cross a little river on a small punt. It was a little awkward when we first arrived as only the neighbours parents were at the shack and they hadn't received the message that we were coming, but we introduced ourselves and we were very warmly welcomed. Russel and Nina looked after us very well, gave us a room and fed us. As Alice was sick we spent most of the time just lazing about but it was a beautiful spot and we managed to go for a walk on the beach and Rohan for a swim.

On our last full day in East London we drove to Inkwamkwezi, a private game park not far out of East London. We went on another safari tour but this time saw Rhinos, giraffe, and even lions in the smaller lion reserve. The tour also included an elephant interaction where we got to feed and pat elephants, they were very funny. This was a good finale to our trip in Africa and left us wanting more!

I'm sure we'll be back some time in the future.

Thanks also to Steve, Sam, Kate, Mike, Ruth and Brian and all the kids and the rest of the family for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable! It was truly great meeting you all and we both felt right at home.

A + R
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb