Final leg


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » La Digue
July 30th 2015
Published: July 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We spent our last night in Dar es Salaam celebrating my passing of the BCBA exam. We acted totally out of character and booked an executive room at the Serena Hotel and enjoyed all the benefits. We did look a bit out of place arriving to this 5 star establishment on foot with dirty backpacks and clothes that could use a wash... But they didn't kick us out so we were happy!

Wow, six days and nights in paradise is really refreshing and a superb way to end this epic adventure! We spent our first night in the Seychelles on Mahe, the biggest and most populous island. The following morning we walked around Victoria, the capital, and bought some fresh fruit and vegetables before boarding the ferry to much smaller La Digue. It is our last of 6 nights in this paradise and boy has it been fantastic. Days look like this - wake up around 7ish, drink coffee, eat a huge breakfast on the front porch, put on a bathing suit and head to a beach or two, snacks on the beach in the afternoon, watch the sunset, walk home, shower, have an evening beverage and make dinner, and finally sleep. Not too shabby. So if you're feeling really envious after looking at the pictures, just remember we have more than 30 hours of travel in the immediate future...
but before that, time for a sunset with our toes in the sand!

Alyssa and Andrew




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



31st July 2015
Jumping

Nice finish
I'm glad you guys had a nice week at a nice resort.. I love the pictures, especially the one of you jumping... And your sunglasses are cool.. Have fun and have a safe trip home. We have missed you!
1st August 2015

along for the ride
Hello Team Double A: Thank you so much for the trip! I enjoyed every moment of every blog! My favorite photo? "jumping".

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb