Namibia


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
October 11th 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We only spent a few nights in Namibia, on our way to Botswana, but one of the campsites was the most interesting campsite of the whole trip. It had loads of different toilets and showers all in reed enclosures, and all with different themes. There was a throne toilet (Poo With A View) and a bath that looked out over the river (and yes, any boats sailing by could look up at you peeing!), a toilet in a tree house (Poopafalls), showers hung up in buckets in trees (Tarzan)... Quite hard to explain, but the pictures might explain more...

The swimming pool was a floating swimming pool right in the river, and had such a strong current that you could swim and swim and not actually move anywhere. I also saw my first snake - it had swam down the river and appeared up through the bars around the edge of the pool right by me. I forgot all my intructions on what to do with you're facing an animal, and just ran away! I wish I could say it was a huge snake, but it was only tiny. Luckily someone pushed it back into the river and it swam away...

We also took a trip down the river on mokorros - flat bottomed canoes. We passed by some hippos and crocodiles, and one boat (thank goodness not ours!) went right over a hippo hidden below the surface, and the boat was almost tipped upside down as the frightened hippo ran away!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb