Dune's, sandboarding, skydiving and seals!!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Swakopmund
March 6th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow so much has happened since we last updated you ....

We climbed Dune 45 out in the Namib desert to watch the sunrise which was incredible but really hard going walking up - 2 steps forward and 4 back!
We then met up with Buschman who is a local guide who worked with the San Bushmen to learn their survival skills and he took us through the desert and showed us where to find ghekko's and what you can eat to stay alive and also showed us how to read animal tracks and how they can tell a story it was fascinating - can't wait to meet the San people next week now! It was so hot out there around 45 degrees but the Buschman said that this was a cool day it can go to 55 degrees C plus.

From here we traveled to a bush camp which had fantastic rock formations (which also unfortunately meant snakes and scorpions) and was really beautiful - the first night where we had to dig our own toilet but I survived surprisingly well (nothing at all to do with the $2.00 box of red wine we had !!!!

From here we traveled to Swakopmund which is the adrenaline capital of Southern Africa - Rob did sand boarding yesterday which involved lying on a plank and throwing yourself down the dune - he has a bit of a bruised nose from the wipeout at the bottom - the video is really funny! He also did a skydive as well yesterday which I don;t have to tell you i didn't do!

Today we went on a boat out into the sea and saw bottle nosed dolphins which swam along side the boat so near we could touch them! also saw some giant turtles and one of the seals from the colony came up on the boat at the back and we hand fed him it was amazing ! We also fed the pelican's and gulls from the boat it was a real experience!

So thats us for now - next we are off to Spitzkoppe to see the rock formations and then Etosha for the first game drives', then of to the Okavango Delta for around 3 days and then Chobe and then a few more Stops LIvingstone - not sure if we will get much internet access before Livingstone but will try and update when we can

Having the time of our lives
Love
N and R xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb