Swakopmund - Quad Biking and Paragliding


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Swakopmund
June 11th 2008
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Swakopmund is the activity centre of Southern Africa. You can basically do anything here from quad biking to sand boarding to skydiving. Our thrills came in the form of quad-biking and paragliding.

For the quad-biking it was great because they were able to split the group based on experience and how fast and extreme you were willing to go. Somehow we managed to end up in the fast group, but in the end it was the best choice as we had no trouble keeping up.

Paragliding is something that we tried once before in Cochrane and it left us wanting more after only getting to do one flight. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to paraglide off the sand dunes, and this time Jordan got three flights in while Kathie stopped after two. The most exhausting part was having to climb back up the sand dune for the next flight.

The other thing we should mention about Swakopmund is the food. Every meal has been outstanding. It's really just like being in little Germany (with a desert, of course).


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Third flightThird flight
Third flight

Longer and farther than the rest.
Our transportationOur transportation
Our transportation

Yup, it was as dodgy as it looks. But the instructor and the gear were excellent.
Brad and AngelinaBrad and Angelina
Brad and Angelina

They went quad biking here too. That's the second time we've been in the same place as them (though not at the same time)...


11th June 2008

Quad biking/paragliding
Great photos! The scenery sure looks different from Alberta. To avoid the long hike up the dunes, you might consider skydiving. : )

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb