San Bushman, water and more water (and a cobra and a scorpian!)


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Rundu
March 12th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone
Just a quick update as we are having a quick stop in Rundu ...

So we went tracking with the San Bushmen and they showed us how to make fire, make traps to catch animals and also where to find water and gather medicine in the wild. The camp was in the middle of nowhere and we stayed just outside the village the minute we arrive the kids were all over us wanting to sit on our knee and Rob had a game of football with them while I had piggyback races.

The following day we went to see how the San live now and it was quite an eye opener to see how much poverty there is. We then went to start helena to leave and she wouldn't start again so back to the bump starts although we were now stuck in the sand so lots of shovelling and pushing later we were on our way.

Yesterday we travelled to Rundu where the Okavango river meets Angola and Namibia and had to get a boat to the camp site as we cuoldn't get the truck up the road as the rive is so flooded at the moment. We then went on a sunset cruise on the river where we saw a croc or too. We did get to stay in a proper bed in bungalows although there was a massive cobra outside our room which the camp site staff where trying to kill with a stick. We also saw a scorpion on the road for the first time yesterday eek!

When we got back to have dinner the river had rose again and flooded the road to some of the bungalows so some of the group had to wade through to bed! This morning we got up and the bar had flooded and the water had rose yet again.

Tonight we are staying hopefully in tree houses on the river and maybe a spot of fishing! Then off to the Delta and Botswana tomorrow - from there onto chobe for some Game Driving and a river cruise and then Livingstone to Victoria falls

Speak when we can soon
N and R xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb