Day 8 - Rest Day


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Rundu
August 31st 2019
Published: August 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 really was a rest day; we did next to nothing so todays blog is short and sweet.



After breakfast we took a quick trip into Rundu to find a craft market because we wanted to make some dangling ornaments for back home. For those who don't know the area Rundu is the capital of the Okavango region of Namibia and to be frank it's tatty and extremely dusty. The roads are busy, and the drivers aren't terribly good. We did find the craft market, but it was very busy and didn't look terribly appealing, so we abandoned the idea for today.



Then headed back a little way East and found a nice riverfront lodge but unfortunately the Cappuccino I've been searching for for several days now was a little lacking. Nice spot though right on the river with a couple of Alpacas running up and down the riverbank. The lodge is called Kaisosi and it's 9km down a dirt road from the B8.



Leaving there we headed back west to Rundu, grabbed some fuel and supplies and then headed back to our lodge for the afternoon.



The afternoon around the pool turned our attention to the reality of heading south tomorrow back to Knysna. Somehow, we spent a large portion of the afternoon hypothesising if we could "nip" back into Botswana to see some more wildlife. It was a lovely idea but unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to plan it and find decent accommodation. Knowing what I know now from Kasane we would have gone deeper into Chobe and to the Okavango for a period. Namibia is lovely and we've enjoyed our time here, but I should have researched it better and we could have spent more time with the wildlife which was really what this journey was all about. We decided to stick to plan A and are heading for Windhoek tomorrow morning at 6.



We're both sad to be heading back so I figure it's going ot be a long 3 days to get back to Knysna.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb