Cheetahs Galore!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Cheetah Park
August 11th 2009
Published: August 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Baby CheetahBaby CheetahBaby Cheetah

This four month old cheetah was quite playful. This was taken right before he licked my head.
Wow, we are really getting spoiled with tame, trained wild animals. In Cheetah Park, we got to visit cheetahs that wander the grounds like domestic cats.

In the yard of the owner's home, he had two full grown cheetahs, a four-month old cheetah, two dogs and a giraffe all roaming around like a happy family. One of the dogs, a hyper jack russell terrier, would chase and play with the baby cheetah. A sight you don't see everyday.

After we visited this home, we went on the ride to feed the "wild" cheetahs. The cheetahs are brought to Cheetah Park to save them from being killed. This area has an abundance of cheetahs invading people's property. When they see cheetahs, they usually kill them because there are so many. There are about 10 wild cheetahs that live in a huge fenced in area...acres and acres of land.

Every night, they feed the cheetahs by throwing them huge chunks of meat. Today, it was donkey. As we our feeding truck drove through the wildlands, the cheetahs came trotting to the truck as if it was a popsicle truck luring in children.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Our beloved home sweet homeOur beloved home sweet home
Our beloved home sweet home

At Cheetah Park. Behind our tent is another caged area with a mom cheetah and her three cute, fuzzy cubs. It's strange to wake up in the morning with cheetahs lounging around right behind you.


11th August 2009

Cheetah-roooooaaarwwwww(is that even close to what they sound like?)
Jen- So cool! I love the shot of the cheetah batting the meat around in the air! Thanks again for all your sharing, I feel like a little piece of me got to go on the trip with you...Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! Aaron
11th August 2009

wow!
Jennifer, great shots and great stories. thanks for sharing your blog with me. I love hearing about your adventures. Sarah

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb