Mozambique


Advertisement
Mozambique's flag
Africa » Mozambique
May 11th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mozambique is a beautiful country. After several weeks travelling through the relatively civilized southern African nations it was nice to encounter some real markets again and bring back some of the feeling we were missing from West Africa. Also the sea food was to die for. While the rest of the group headed out for a dhow trip from Vilanculos, we decided to opt out and stay behind. I think it was a bit of a group travel overload feeling again and we had fun eating the glorious sea food on offer at the restaurants in town.

After Vilanculos we spent a night on the beach in Morrongulo where we had a massive BBQ featuring barracuda and crayfish. We had bought a huge barracuda and then were given another one for free that was the same size as the first. Then a guy came by with the biggest crayfish we'd ever seen in our lives; how could we possibly pass that up?! Way too much food and after we finished gorging ourselves the leftovers were put away in the fridge to be enjoyed at luch the next day. That was a bad move because for the remainder of the trip, the fridge smelled of fish (no matter how hard we scrubbed it out)!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

CrayfishCrayfish
Crayfish

5.5 Kg of it!


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb