Interesting Things to do during your Days Tour Trip to Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
November 4th 2023
Published: November 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Visiting the gorgeous country of Morocco on days tour vacation is always an exciting new experience. Being a relatively independent tourist, yet there are situations where you prefer taking a local tour, as Marrakech tourism can be chaotic at times. This can especially happen if this is your first time.

Many vacationers have legitimate concerns about venturing out on their own, specifically for the most extraordinary Marrakech day adventures. Taking a guided tour by a native is the best way to learn your way about Marrakech.

It's simple to be overwhelmed in Marrakech due to the city's hectic atmosphere and high traffic. The best way to get familiar with the Medina and its main attractions is on a tour that picks you up from your hotel.

Let’s highlight few interesting things to do during your day tours trip to Morocco:

Jamaa El Fna

The cultural center of Marrakech, Jamaa El Fna, is a vast square on the outskirts of Medina. Jamaa El Fna is a large and highly crowded central area, revealed as you emerge from the tight-covered laneways.

The moniker "Assembly of the Dead" comes from the fact that public executions were held there around the year AD1050. Since then, Jamaa El Fna has become a hub of activity, with street performers, Gnawa musicians, snake charmers, and vendors of all kinds crowding the square.

Medina

The Medina (or "souk") is a network of winding alleys and plazas where vendors set up businesses to sell their items. The word "souk" keeps popping up in descriptions of Marrakech but is never actually used in Morocco. Either way, it's one of my favorite things to do in Marrakech.

To its credit, the Medina is also included on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Marrakech is home to the world's most exciting and diverse marketplaces. The market is an astonishing display of all things handmade in Morocco, both in size and quantity.

The Majorelle Garden

Well, the Majorelle Garden is a significant tourist attraction in Marrakech and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Morocco. A beautiful garden in the center of Marrakech, this one is located in the "ville nouvelle" or "new city". It was designed by French Orientalist painter Jacques Majorelle.

From 1923 to the 1950s, Jacques Majorelle called that home. During that time, he created a stunning botanical garden with towering trees, exotic plants, babbling streams, and pools brimming with water lilies and lotus blossoms.

Ben Youssef Madrasa

Ben Youssef Madrasa is an Islamic university in Medina since the 14th century. It was once one of the significant theological universities in North Africa. And today, it is the largest madrasa in Morocco. The madrasa's zellij, stucco, mosaic, and cedar-carved embellishments make it a stunning specimen of Islamic architecture.

Discover the wonders with Discover Morocco Golden Tours

Day tours from Marrakech are available here at Discover Morocco Golden Tours. We are providing great things for travelers of all ages and budgets. Discover the wonders of Morocco with the help of the best guide available for a day excursion.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.956s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.5062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb