Explore the Dazzling Marrakech and Agadir While Vacationing in Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
February 4th 2021
Published: February 4th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Marrakech is a bustling city that will have you wanting more. However, you will also be drawn to the beachy resort feel of Agadir. We recommend spending your vacation in both areas when you are visiting the country of Morocco. Doing so will have you experiencing the best of both destinations, while having a phenomenal time away from home. Begin your journey over in the heart of Marrakech. The Medina of Marrakesh can be found within the historic city center. Inside Medina, you will find Jemaa El Fna. This is one of the best places to grab a bite to eat and do a little shopping. It is best to visit this area at night, because there are more entertainers out on the streets at that time.

The Badi Palace might be in ruins, but there is still a lot of history to see. Start by walking past the reflecting pools and gardens and then venture down the prayer hall. End your time at the palace by looking at numerous objects from the Koutoubia Mosque visible from many vantage points of Marrakech and towering over the world famous Jmaa el Fna Square.

The Majorelle Garden is the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch or afternoon snack. Grab a seat by one of the ponds or streams, so you can listen to the water flow as you eat. We recommend stopping at the art gallery and gift shop before you leave.

When you tire of the city, it will be time to make the journey to Agadir. You will be more than ready for some time in the sand and water at Agadir Beach. Don’t relax under the sun for too long though, because there is so much to see in this part of Morocco.

We recommend beginning with a hike to Kasbah. The fortification of Kasbah was constructed back in 1541 and you will love looking at the medieval architecture. Just make sure you also take the time to enjoy the magnificent views of the surrounding area from the top of the mountain before you hike back down. If you are not too tired after your hike, you must do a little shopping at Souk El Had. This souk is an excellent place to immerse yourself into the lives of the locals and have an authentic cultural experience. And if you are too tired, you can enjoy a picnic lunch at the Vallee des Oiseaux or spend time at a hammam. You will love your time vacationing in Marrakech and Agadir. However, you must make sure you plan your time carefully, so you do not miss out on the incredible opportunities that are waiting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.1023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb