Tangier Day Trip


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Tangier
December 26th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

To begin with...I know you will all love this. I calculated the time wrong as to when I had to get up. I got up WAY too early. I had a taxi coming at 4:45 to take me to a bus stop where I was being picked up for a day trip to Morocco. I got to the bus stop and met two nice guys from England. We definately hit it off and spent the day together. The bus went around picking up people and then we were in Tarifa.

We took a boat which was about 30 minutes to Tangier. Then we boarded a bus and saw the expensive houses, mountains, and the Meditarranean and Atlantic. That was so cool. Then we got as close to the downtown area as we could. The streets became real narrow and we headed to the heart of Tangier. There were people swarming us to sell us goods.

We walked around, ended up at a place where they sold carpets and explained the differences to us. There was also a little spice place. Eventually, we ended up at a little place for lunch. There was bread, a really good soup that had cinammon with it. Then we had beef kebab with a hot chilli sauce on the side, couscous with chicken and to end mint tea with a sweet dessert that had honey in it.

After that we made our way back to the port and made our way back to Malaga.

The bus dropped us off and the guide...Paco drove the three of us the rest of the way to Malaga. He was so much fun. He was just a great story teller.

The three of us decided to head to dinner a little while later. That was fun. We had paella. Afterwards we walked around and chatted.

All in all...a good day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb