Day 10 - Cruise - Tangier, Morroco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Tangier
October 9th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

At the cross-roads of Europe and Africa and of the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, Tangier opens the door to Morocco. There is still an air of mystery about the city, going back to the time when Tangier was an international zone. Board the coach for a scenic drive along the coast to Cap Spartel. Stop to visit the legendary Hercules Caves overlooking the sea. According to Greek mythology, Hercules, half god and half human passed away in the caves after separating Gibraltar from Africa.

Next, experience an expression of traditional Moroccan folklore, the Fantasia. Witness a spectacular display of horsemanship complete with musicians, dancers and traditional Moroccan refreshments. Afterwards, return to Tangier to explore the Kasbah Museum. See an interesting collection of artifacts that reflect the rich culture and heritage of the city.

Finally, proceed to the narrow streets of the Medina and browse the colorful souks that are packed with an amazing display and variety of merchandise. There will be some independent time to browse the many shops for souvenirs before returning to the ship.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb