Cascades d'Ouzoud


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tadla-Azilal » Ouzoud Falls
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to what sounded like hard rain pouring down, so was feeling a little glum, plus the fact we had to get up at 6am in the morning to get ready for our trip. The Riad staff were really nice because they got up a little earlier then usual to make our breakfast. It was a good thing because we had a 3 hour journey ahead of us!!!

When we finally arrived at Ouzard, the sun was starting to come out!!! We were asked is we wanted to have a guide to show us around the village, gorge & waterfalls and everyone agreed. It was only 50 dirhams each. The tour was great because he talked us through everything, from the olive growth, the food and herbs the people used and the gorge! There was a lot of climbing around, so my legs started to burn after a while! I haven’t exercised in years, so that could have been the main reason for the pain! But I struggled through it and made it to the waterfall. Just before we arrived at the waterfalls, some monkeys appeared at the top of the mountains. They only came down half way, but as we walked a little further on, they were right by me and it so much fun watching them jump around. They were probably there because they could smell the prunes that one of the guys on the tour had, so they were being fed. I managed to tear myself away from the monkeys and made it to the waterfall. It was a stunning view from the bottom!

We stopped of to eat something, in front of the waterfall, and the monkeys came back. Everyone was paying attention to them, but when everyone left, the money went to the table nearest the edge and grabbed the bag of prunes which we were feeding them with. Luckily it wasn’t anything else!!! Cheeky Monkeys would be the best way to describe it!!! They definitely knew the difference between tourist and the locals because they kept running away when the waiter went near them!

We climbed back up to the top, stopping off twice to see the waterfalls at different views and on the second stop we decided to do some jumping shots which was really fun!!! I try to do one everytime I go away, but for Silvia, it was her first time and she was loving it!!! She was the one wanting to jump everywhere after today!!!

When we got back to Marrakesh, we did some shopping and stopped off at one the market stalls to eat some fish and meat! It wasn’t anything special and the price was actually more expensive then Chez Chegrouni, but it was more for the experience. The square was very busy today, but it was probably because there were more tourists that arrived in today, or that it is a Friday and that’s always busy no matter where you are!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



8th February 2007

Monkey Playing the Guitar...
Love the photo of the monkey playing music with his leg...LOL!!
15th January 2009

Cool
wow that is so cool. How hard was it to get there? I am going to Spain in two weeks and really want to go down and see the falls. Did you hire a taxi and how much did it cost. Thanks so much.

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 19; qc: 108; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb