Setti Fatma Falls


Advertisement
Published: October 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yes I sleep in again…… must try harder tomorrow. We have decided on a day trip today to the Ourika Valley and the seven waterfalls at Setti Fatma. Spectacular we have heard, the place all Marakeshi go to get away from the city….. here we come. We wear sensible shoes but forget the back pack…..try to haggle with the taxi man and have no luck so we stump up with way to much cash and are on our way.

After winding our way into the Atlas Mountains our taxi driver insists that we take photos on the suspension bridges and we pretending to be scared…just to make him happy and us laugh. Upon arriving at the base of the falls be fight off the offers of a guide (literally) and hike our way to the top. Along the way we play photographer for the three Moroccan boys, slip and slide and watch subtlety in a amazement at the lady climbing in full burka.

We reach the top and are thirsty so have a big drink from the falls (please see photos) and then meander back down like little mountain goats to have some lunch. As always you get great food in unexpected places and yes the tangine we had sitting at the plastic table in the dirt courtyard with chicken and cats scratching at our feet was one of the winners.

After two days of being so cultural we hit the souks for a spot of retail therapy. Here I must thank the Chinese who taught me the art of bargaining and seriously we had to work hard. So hard in fact we left many stalls shaking our heads at their prices and them yelling not nice words after us. What every girl needs after this is some comfort food, so yes, off to the camel burger man we traipse……. still delicious but not quite as good as the first night!

We round out the day with drinks in our lovely riad -can you see a pattern?

Love Pxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb