More Marakesh....


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
October 8th 2010
Published: October 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Comfy bed, soft sheets, air conditioning and a dark room lead to a big sleep in and we don't emerge from our room till almost 10am, well R was awake it was mostly me playing sleeping beauty. This is so out of character for us as we do like to make the most of every hour of every day that we hustle out the door as fast as we can, determined not to shop today but to take in all the culture offerings Marrakesh has to offer. But before that we do ensure that we make a reservation at a lovely hamman as a just reward for our efforts.

This was just as well because the Lonely Planet walk was not long enough for us so we made up our own 4 and a half hour trail in the blazing sun……..mosques (tick), tombs (tick) palaces times three( tick), bad museum (tick) patisserie ( tick ,tick, tick). If you require additional facts on any of these locations please refer to Lonely Planet or Google. Needless to say there was lots of lovely tile, stucco and carved wood, lots of new things pretending to be old things in the museum and all achieved right on schedule for our appointment at the hamman.

Getting naked this time was no problem and we were again scrubbed and rubbed and this time wrapped in mud all in a hot little room while we giggled and then we followed this up with a massage each. Have to say that whilst waiting my turn for the massage, wrapped in my fluffy robe, lounging on my sun bed at sunset, whilst sipping mint tea I feel completely relaxed and warmed from the inside out.

Now R is usually an accommodating girl however for some reason she digs her heels in and no I will not be going home to wash the oil out of my now completely skanky hair - "its all good, you look fine" she blatantly lies. All fine for a girl who has hair long enough for a pony tail…… and then we choose a very ritzy restaurant and the only saving grace is that we get a corner table away form other dinners. I suspect the waiter was also trying to hide me. Dinner is so good I even manage to forget about my hair and the bottle of Meknes's finest white wine helps….. funny that the same bottle turns up where ever we go!

We round off our day with drinks at the riad….

Love Pier xxx






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb