From souks to old fashioned leach treatments


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
October 5th 2006
Published: October 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

What do Geri and Allison get when they French kiss monkeys and lick hooves? You guessed it. A cross between Ebola and Hoof Mouth. We have been paying dearly for that night of bestiality with every fluid in our angry little bodies. Not to disappoint you animal fetishts, truth be told, it was probably the cheese sandwich Geri and I shared orrrr, the doorknob to the train bathroom that we licked that caused us to spend 3 straight days in bed, but let's not cast blame. Instead, I'll describe it so you can sympathize with us and be really nice to us when we get back.

The scene of the crime: the train. Bathrooms: Turkish prison guards designed them. FOUL. Food cart man: Mean. Hates cute, progressive thinking Canadians such as ourselves. (probably in closet and jealous - if I had to guess) Cheese sandwich: seemingly tasty, but most likely spit on mean closeted cart man, and thus the beginning of our malaise.

Onset of gripping, wrenching intestinal CDC attention worthy disease: walk to hotel with our 50 pounds of luggage because another jealous cab man refused to drive us. (we still tipped him of course) Geri was the first soldier to fall. Went to bed immediately. I walked big square with Phil and saw snake charmers, cross dressing belly dancers, lots of fly ridden food, music and dances; and then I died......

Scene of recouperation: our room. Small hotel, one main courtyard made of ceramic - a remarkably noise reflective and actually amplifying material. One shared bathroom, albeit clean, but also made of sound amplifying ceramic. There was also one 6 year old who was very, very loud, and who actually came into our room once, and if I'd had some dung, I would have flung it at him. The room had no fan, no AC, but luckily lots of sun exposure. While in delusionary stages, we fantsized about Gatorade, popsicles, and food without flies on it. PS Phil never got sick.

On the upswing now, and getting the hell out of dodge. Booked a lavish hotel in Seville where they wil feed me popsicles by the pool.

Advertisement



9th October 2006

I feel for you
Sounds awful but to be expected when you insist on traveling to 3rd world country where your lucky to get plumbing:) Did you ever consider a nice trip to a white sandy beach? That would be my pick:) I hope you enjoy the rest of the trip and don't come back with malaria or anything:) See ya. Oh by the way todays my bday so bring me back a present:)

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb