Marrakesh Express!


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
February 10th 2015
Published: February 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

After spending two nights in Fez we are off to Marrakesh! The country side in Morocco was amazing, I guess I never expected it to be so fertile and green, with rich dark soil. Farms of fruit and vegetables, and herds of sheep and goats spot the fields as we drive along. There a vast difference in living, from beautiful mansions to cardboard and tin shacks, so as we drive along I observe that all of coffee bars and restaurants are all filled with men. Uuum , sitting in the fields having a smoke or a coffee are all men, so is there way of life a choice, arrogance. Uuummm. But out working in the fields or the streets are women with babies tied to there back, sweeping, cleaning , washing , raking the field, planting all women. No men. Oh well enough thinking out loud.

Our one stop was in a small village of Ifran so we can see snow! What? Yes snow, I don't know if we needed to stop to see snow, they call the village little Switzerland, very cute and the storks love to nest there, almost every house had a nest or two on their roof.

Oh well break over back on the road, long drive today almost 400 kms and not on the best roads. But the scenery is gorgous and hate to miss a minute of it.

Enjoyed watch the setting sun on our way.

If I didn't mention it before I will again now, bus tours are not my favorite mode of travel but for this first time trip to North Africa it is a most pleasant way to see the country without worry or care where you are driving. Perfect!



Next Adventure, the City of Marrakesh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb