arrived


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
November 10th 2009
Published: November 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well just spent last couple of days in Marrakech and what a different couple of days it has been. We're staying at the Moroccan House Hotel which is very authentic, its more like a raid than a hotel, the rooms are so over the top with four poster bed and lots of drapes, it doesn't serve alchol but like true Brits we discovered the hotel over the road does lol. Staff are lovely and really helpful.
We spent a lot of time in the Medina and Souks, which are about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. The Souks are amazing they are just an endless maze of tiny market stalls selling everything from handbags to lights and all at Asda prices (or so they try to tell you) they seem to go on forever and its so easy to get yourself lost in them. The whole place is very colourful and bustling with life, you do get harrassed a lot but as long as you say a polite 'no thank you' its not to bad. The whole place has a mixture of aromas from strong spices to some not very nice ones. I did get caught out by some locals who painted a beautiful (not) henna tatoo on my arm and then wanted £20 for it. We intend to go trekking in the Atlas mountains tomorrow so that should be fun, really looking forward to it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb