Marvelous Marrakesh - A Many-Splendored Thing


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Good weather followed us every day so far, and Day 10 of our Moroccan adventure was no different although on this day the humidity could be keenly felt. An ambitious agenda was planned for our first full day in Marrakesh which is not surprising considering how much there is to see and do here. As mentioned in my preceding blog, the noise from the heavily congested roundabout traffic circle next t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 21


Advertisement









14th June 2020

Bahia Palace
We loved our time at the Bahia Palace, and you're right - it's a great showcase of the architectural detail of that time. We never made it to the Majorelle Gardens as we were never up and about early enough to beat the crowds (despite our first hotel in Gueliz being quite close to it). Wow you certainly packed so much into one day, and I know how draining the heat in Marrakesh can be. Well done! :)
14th June 2020

Bahia Palace
Hi Ren and Andrew, thanks for your visit! I was glad that we covered a lot of sights on our first day. Bahia Palace was amazing! Not being able to enjoy Marjorelle Gardens was a disappointment but one of very few on this trip. We had more time to ourselves in Marrakesh on our 3rd day so went back to the souks but it was still very hot!!
14th June 2020

Marvelous Marrakesh indeed!
Sounds like a good day exploring 'Marvelous Marrakesh', although a shame you were so rushed in places and that the Majorelle Gardens were overcrowded - I don't remember them being so when we visited (but that was ten years or so ago!) Your evening out sounds wonderful!
14th June 2020

Marvelous Marrakesh indeed!
Thanks, Sarah. Yes, I would have liked to take a break in the morning just to have time to soak it all in, but we had much to accomplish that on that first full day. On our second full day we opted to spend the day in the Ourika Valley. On our 3rd day in Marrakesh we had lots of time to wander at will and we had a great day!
16th June 2020

The joys of Marrakesh
A vibrant city that with amazing architecture. Some of our favorites foods are in Morocco. We always try to include Unesco world sites when we travel. You've really seen a lot.
16th June 2020

The joys of Marrakesh
Hello Binkleys, thanks for your visit! Marrakesh certainly has a lot to offer whether you're a first time visitor or a repeat visitor it seems. We spent more time in Morocco than in any other country we've previously visited. Still have a few more days of traveling there to write about. Next up, the Ourika Valley.
17th June 2020

Doors to the soul
What a great doorway...makes me wanna enter...to see what is inside. I have posted some of your pics in TB's "Doors, doors & more doors" thread in the Photography Forum. Check 'em out, Sylvia.
17th June 2020

Doors to the soul
Hi Dave! Thanks for reading. We saw some beautiful doors in Morocco. So many in fact that I could devote a blog to them alone, LOL! Thank you so much for posting a couple of them in the Photo Forum on Doors!! Much appreciated!!
24th July 2020

Marvellous Marrakesh
What a lovely account of your first full day in Marrakesh, and it's just amazing how much you were able to pack in to the single day! Indeed, what a good job you'd had an early night the night before! It's very notable how much detail and intricacy you are able to observe and write about here, and what a lovely, sumptuous dining experience you had to top off the amazing day. Some may indeed call it "touristy", I would say go with the flow and enjoy every minute of it, as it seems you very much did! ?
25th July 2020

Marvellous Marrakesh
Hello Alex, thanks for continuing to follow my blog. This particular day was very long because we opted for the special dinner excursion and it was worth it! I generally have a good memory for trip detail, and of course, looking back at photos fills in some gaps. Maybe I put too much detail in my blogs -- what do you think??
25th July 2020

Detail
I don't think that you put too much detail in your blogs at all. I believe the descriptions paint a beautiful and engaging picture of your travels ?

Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 25; qc: 92; dbt: 0.1325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb