DAY 12 ESSAOUIRA


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Essaouira
November 23rd 2016
Published: November 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The prediction of snow overnight arrived on schedule with a beautiful covering of pristine white greeting us for breakfast. More surprising was the porrage & honey for breakfast (yum). Easy walk back down the mountain to Imlil to collect our stored luggage then drive back down the mountain to the main road to continue our tour with a five hour drive to Essaouira.

Essaouira is an old fishing town on the Atlantic Coast that has managed to retain its unique character despite rapid resort style growth. The visual appeal and vibrancy is centred around the walled medina fronting the ocean with sandstone walkways, whitewashed and blue shuttered houses.

A late afternoon arrival allowed a brief orientation, pre dinner drinks before a fancy seafood restaurant dinner and traditional music from a gnaua 3 stringed instrument with a very basey sound.

Our two night stay was at a traditional riad, Dar Qdima, was close the mosque & was probably our best sleep to date until woken at dawn by the call to prayer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb